Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day:

It shouldn't be too much longer before I have the Halloween Sampler finished. Today I found some of my Halloween decorations and while set them out to be washed I haven't put them out and up. Well I did the door wreath but that is it.

About a million years ago when I did ceramics I made a haunted house to which I still have (most of the pieces) so I always set it out and I made a darling ceramic scarecrow to which will be out and of course little white ghosts with black eyes, my Halloween Snowman in Cross Stitch that I did some years back and I have some black ghosts with pumpkin heads. I used to have a pumpkin Jack O' Lantern that was a light that blinked off and on but alas a grandchild broke that one some years back.
If you think I'm back my husband is worse and between you and me one year he made a black cat (he's no artist) and the face would scare my mother.LOLOL he made a pumpkin (grandchild would have done it better even the two year old grandchild) again no artist but the man loves his woodwork. He can paint a wall beautifully and does wonderful staining but drawing that is a whole other blog. Of course I have to admire it whether I think it's good or not because he will quit woodworking or pout so I just admire and go on with life. I could draw at least the pumpkin face etc but he doesn't ask because it's all his deal. I would rather cross stitch a pumpkin so while our house will not win any awards for decorating it's still nice to acknowledge fall. LOLOL we both love Halloween and fall. I feel that is what counts although I do get strange looks from our strange neighbors.
Do you decorate for fall? Do you carve a pumpkin or string orange lights?
For next year when the stitchers come to my house in September I am going to make a Halloween Tree and stitch ornaments for the tree. I am also going to make a tree or at least ornaments for the three other stitchers. It should be great fun....
Now my favorite thing is Skeletons I love Mr. Bojangles Skeletons.
Frank usually does bales of hay in the yard and then he stuffs a scarecrow and it's cute.
You can tell I'm ready for fall to arrive as this year it was way way too hot in Kansas and I didn't enjoy much of summer. Besides I can't wait to bake pumpkin bread and I love the turning of the leaves. I also love to wear sweaters and in the fall I can wear the beautiful fall sweaters.
I just wish I had a fireplace even a fake one as it is so much fun to stitch by a cozy fire or when the fall rains come I can curl up and read by the fire. However we do not have a fireplace and its a shame.
I know I also love to watch Kansas City Chiefs Football and I always crave nachos when watching footall. LOL I did watch the pregame this week and KC won 13 to 17 that was awesome.
This is the time of year I miss living in the victorian house and it was right across the street from the library.
At least I can look forward to Arsnic and Old Lace, Matilda, Hocus Pocus and other fall mysteries.
I will probably try to locate a Carolyn Hart Mystery set in the fall this year as I don't think I see any new fall mysteries.

Okay off to get ready to make our jaunt to Joplin.

Happy Labor Day!

Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment